'74-'76 Superior Rocker Panel Moldings

Do you have a source for moldings for the downsized 1977 - 1979 Superior Commercial Chassis cars? I might need a few for my 1978 Superior Ambulance, once I start working on it again.

Unfortunately, they were not identified by year when they were removed, so I would need to know what the '77-'79 Superior rocker moldings look like.

You will find a number of them on pro cars that are spliced also. The biggest mistake made is assuming GM made them.unless you are working for them at the time you have no ida were they were sourced from. But as they had a vested interest in the brand name the builders using there chassis would have that information. Sourcing moldings from that vender with builder only twists would be easy enough if you got a number of them. If the trim came from GM they would be the same across all builders

'73 Fleetwood limo matched mine

I was missing a set on one side of my '73 Lifeliner. I sourced 2 sets from a '73 Fleetwood limo that matched.

I never got around to getting them spliced and attached however they did go with the car when I sold it. The local plating shop said they would have been able to cut, splice, weld and polish them to match without too much difficulty.

Did they ever give you a price for the job? I haven't found anyone that is willing to even polish the for what I consider a reasonable price.

It was an hourly rate...and a few years ago now but I think it was around 270$. Their hourly rate is 90$/hr and they figured 3 hours. 2 splices and then polishing.

You will find a number of them on pro cars that are spliced also. The biggest mistake made is assuming GM made them.unless you are working for them at the time you have no ida were they were sourced from. But as they had a vested interest in the brand name the builders using there chassis would have that information. Sourcing moldings from that vender with builder only twists would be easy enough if you got a number of them. If the trim came from GM they would be the same across all builders

Which is what I am saying. I own a '75 Superior and a '75 M-M. The rocker moldings are not even similar.

Back