PCS Trip-Day 1 & 2

Boy what a start to this event. We leave Friday am early and get about 60 miles up the road when "Blam" a huge burst of air/smoke appears inside the ambulance. It had to smell and pulled over to check everything. Nothing. We get into Georgia and the tranny starts screwing up. It has no fluid and there are no leaks-"I SWEAR IT!". I add a few quarts and were good to go. We get to Columbia, SC and the A/C wires burn up with monor sparking and now we have no A/C. Windows down and hot as hell we get to Charlotte, NC and due to the extremely rough road I lose a hubcap. So off at the next exit and back we go to get it. It's in the median with concrete barrier so emergency lights come on while I get my hubcap. We get through the traffic nightmare in Charlotte and stop for gas. I go to put my hubcap on and the right fender skirt is gone. No way I'm I going back for it so I call Danny and he will give it to LeeAnn who will bring me another one to Flint. Jeremy is bringing me a new hubcap. That's how Day one went. Day two has been great with no issues and much improve gas mileage due to no A/C. Just got into Alliance and getting ready to call Ron.

so I take it the blower motor went up in smoke. I know that feeling. hang in there. I would say it can't get worse but I know it can. hope the buges have left the rig and the rest goes smooth

Welcome to the world of antique professional car ownership. Sounds like my trip to Daytona a few years ago.

Is the hubcap OK or squashed? My Studebaker sedan lost a hubcap once and was run over by a truck before I could get it. But a squashed hubcap makes a nice clock!

Attachments

• 0808092043.jpg
    0808092043.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 104
All right guys, cut it out. The Hard Luck award was not meant to be coveted to such extremes! The PCS Int'l Meet hasn't even started yet and already there seems to be a growing list of candidates. :eek:

I am in the running also.........

...I tried to drive the lifeliner from the painters garage to the Garaj Mahal and it ran about a mile before dying not to be revived. It made the rest of the trip on a flat bed. At least it will be there for the cookout. Breaking down before even getting it to its permanent home doesn't make me more fond of the beast.

Hard Luck?

Heck, our little delay wasn't even worth mentioning! Hard Luck is that the Holiday Inn doesn't offer free breakfast!

Day-What day is it?

Boy what a start to this event. We leave Friday am early and get about 60 miles up the road when "Blam" a huge burst of air/smoke appears inside the ambulance. It had to smell and pulled over to check everything. Nothing. We get into Georgia and the tranny starts screwing up. It has no fluid and there are no leaks-"I SWEAR IT!". I add a .

I got so flustered I could not type. Here I am in Petosky, MI Tuesday morning waiting at the hotel before heading to the transmission shop to have my modulator replaced. It has gone bad sucking tranmission fluid into the engine. Last night due to the high level of oil in the motor it began to smoke so first thing this morning I got the oil changed and the level down. No more smoke but now the speedo cable is grinding. Oh well, other than that going well.
Looks like the trip to Mackinaw is out of the question for today.

Tranny is fixed and Terri and I headed to Mackinaw late today. We head out first thing Wednesday heading to Flint. Get that fender skirt ready LeeAnn I need to pick it up in the afternoon.

Back