Chrysler limo

Jim Tighe - Deceased 1942 - 2012

March 10, 1964 - April 27 2012
On the Cleveland CL 2day is an '85 Chrysler fwd limo for $2300. Car is in western PA, near Pittsburgh. If it were closer, I might take a shot at it, but it ain't. We both miss our long-gone limos. This one mite be manageable for us. Oh, well. Has leather and divider, seems well-cared for. See what you all think.

Looks good and I'm sure there weren't a heck of a lot of these produced and few of those surviving would be in as good a condition. Price seems reasonable. Go for it Jim.

I have a 1984 Chrysler limo and love it. My research tells me that in '82 they built one prototype and in ' 83 two of them, then in '84 there were just 594 of them made. In '85 there were 759 and the last year they build them '86, only 138 were made. The interior is very comfortable as long as you are not over 6ft. tall. I can tell you that they are very easy to drive and park, you can fit right into a standard parking area since they are only about 18' long (actually 210.8" according to specks).The interior is very comfortable as long as you are not over 6ft. tall. I will tell you that as much fun as this car is it really isn't the most practical of limousines. Although it's specks say that it is a 7 passenger limo it really is only big enough in the back for two people to be comfortable and not the 5 people that it has "room" for. The 2.6 (4 cylinder) engine is a good engine but is not a power house. I enjoy mine very much, even though it is not a daily driver it's taken out for drives when I would't take any of my other professional cars out, i.e. in winter. And as a last though for now if you do get one you may wish to get the following sign::respect:

Jim

You are an inspiration !!!

Not feeling well but still looking for cars !
Way to go !

Keep looking as you will come around and want a new car
for your fresh new start on life.

Here's to you getting well and cruising around in your newly found
pro-car !

Keep your head up ! ...and your eyes open for your next car !!!

Darren

Hi, Dan. Good to hear frum you. Remeber Piqua couple yrs ago?

Now, I am going to venture out onto a very thin limb by asking if there is anyone on here who lives close to the location of this car and could evaluate it for me? I realize that is a lot to ask, but tis the only thing I can think of to do here. If it is an imposition, we will drop it now and resume our regularly scheduled lives. I am at 419-462-0733, twixt 9 a.m and 8 p.m. Thank yew all.

Thankx for the kind wds, Darren, but my remaining $$'s would not buy a new anything. And, there is nothing new I want, anyway. Can't stand any of them. On my last ditch goose chase, what I seek is an older car which one can enter/exit without gymnastics, and that rides softly. Cosmetics be damned. Just a safely functioning vehicle, preferably a 4 door, to tool about the area in, while I am still able. A wgn or small coach would also do. This is a snipe hunt, as the way-outside max I could spend would be 5 Grand, preferably a grand or so less. As I said, a real snipe search. I would not have the car long, and upon my passing it would be sold, with proceeds to Sharon and our 4 daughters.

Make no mistake here, good people: my time left draweth nigh. I can make it thru with Sharon driving either the '97 Continental or Barney (her '85 Caprice), or me the '89 Olds-cum-Packard Woody, when I can. But each of them rides hard, and has lotsa miles on it. Of the 3, the Olds/Packard is the most tolerable. There is about 5 Grand tied up in the 3 of them 2gether, and none of them is a junker.

This scenario, if it pans out, would be the perfect conclusion to a life of never-ending, improbable auto ventures. So, if any of you knows of a car that might work, speak right up, please. The closer to Galion the better, of course. Thank you for following this saga. Oh, ph. here is 419-462-0733, 'tween 9 am and 8 p.m. And to all a Good nite. You crtainly deserve slumber if you waded thru all this here rambling.

Back