Date my stretcher

I have a single level stretcher with the following markings: Washington KLEVER Model 21 manufactured by the Washington Mortuary Supply Company, 5-1S. The foot pad is maroon and in perfect shape and it has the pull handle on the foot end. Who can tell me when it was manufactured?

Paul if this is in the wrong place feel free to move it... I have a single level stretcher with the following markings: Washington KLEVER Model 21 manufactured by the Washinton Mortuary Supply Company, 5-1S. The foot pad is maroon and in perfect shape and it has the pull handle on the foot end. Who can tell me when it was manufactured?

Bruce - Please post a photo of the cot with the pad removed. Doing so will be helpful in dating it.

off the top of my head the merger with Washington-ferno took place in 53. so if it's a Washington it would be pre that at least.

In 1960 the Ferno company acquired the Washington Mortuary Company, and changed there name from Ferno Manufacturing Company to Ferno-Washington. For this reason, I believe that the cot predates 1960.

off the top of my head the merger with Washington-ferno took place in 53. so if it's a Washington it would be pre that at least.

From the Ferno-Washington company website...
"In June of 1955, Mr. Ferneau left the Washington Mortuary Company and formed the Ferno Manufacturing Company in Staunton , Ohio"

I remember one of the 35a we had a work had the 50 anniversary tag on it. so 55 to 2005 was the ferno anniversary not the merger. it is so easy to miss interpreted information. so it would be pre 60. gives Washington a few more years they I thought. it also narrows down any just labeled ferno. ;)

Sorry... I'm already taken

I would think that the sretcher described is an early '50's version of a removal stretcher. I agree with Robert... we need to see a picture, preferably from the underside.

Date my stretcher?

Bruce,
If you want somone to date your stretcher, I would think that at least you would post a picture of her (or him). Blind dates are bad enough without anything at all to go on. Why is it that she (he) can't get any dates on her (his) own???
The world wants to know.
John Dorgan

I have a single level stretcher with the following markings: Washington KLEVER Model 21 manufactured by the Washington Mortuary Supply Company, 5-1S. The foot pad is maroon and in perfect shape and it has the pull handle on the foot end. Who can tell me when it was manufactured?

Bruce,
If you want somone to date your stretcher, I would think that at least you would post a picture of her (or him). Blind dates are bad enough without anything at all to go on. Why is it that she (he) can't get any dates on her (his) own???
The world wants to know.
John Dorgan

Hi John, have you managed to get any angled siren speaker mounts in yet? :hide:

Bruce,
The world wants to know.
John Dorgan

Glad to know someone else shares my sense of humor John! I'll stop with the jokes there before I get myself into trouble.:D

Bruce,
The world wants to know.
John Dorgan

It is very easy to understand... anyone with a name like Washington Klever must be a psychopath!!!!!! :hide:

I had a couple dates like that back in the day.

Before I dated by wife and was married, of course, I went on a couple of dates with women that were as much fun as on old stretcher! I would rather not date another one.

If it is a single level it may be prior to 1950, what do the wheels look like?

I would be good if we had a way here to ID the various stretchers and cots. Could we compile a photo group with model numbers, manufacturers and dates of production?

Back