babys new shoes

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
I went a bit the bullet and brought a set of vogue tires for the 92. I was at a loss for what size. but the superior sticker said 225s and with the 235s the car read off 2 mph. so we went with 235x70s the load rating was the same as the 225 as is the diameter. so things should read correct now. they aren't the us royals that came on the car but they are still a nice looking tires. the plus is the suburban now has a full set of like tires on it and I can get the studded snow tires off.

ain't technology wonderful. forgot to his up load again

Attachments

• IMG_1275.JPG
    IMG_1275.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_1276a.jpg
    IMG_1276a.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 264
Is that a gold line around the tires? Is that something that is similur to the RED LINE tires? That matches the paint and looks very nice, good choice.:)

gold line on tires

Vogue tires have for years carried the thin gold stripe at the outer edge of the whitewall part. Don't know why. You can always tell Vogue tires....just look at the gold stripe. I think it is suppose to tell us we got the best tire on the market.
Mike

next is a trip to the alignment shop. something wore out the out side edge of those other tires. these were only about 20 bucks more then a 225 tire new. but you do have to shop around for them. they are just standard load and your topical new 2 ply rags. about all you can find out there. but it was what superior put on it new.

They are what the kids are calling "tires with that mayonnaise and mustard":D Very nice Ed. Did you find those in town or did you order them?:applause:

no place around here selling them I got them off e-bay. like everything else just keep looking and ask for a bottom price. by the time I swapped 8 tires around and balanced them we had about 180 each in the set. but the trickle down is I have 4 matching tires on the stoner admittedly with the outer edge worn off from being out of aliment. but they will do for around town. sill have my 4 good miss match ones for spares. we get the 92 lined up and it's ready for a road trip. mean time it's setting in the garage next to the 86 with stuff piled on top of it. people do weird things is all I can say.

Tires and wheels definately make a difference. In 2009 I was at the local Cadillac dealer& they had two marroon DTS sedans side by side. One had black wall tires and plain aluminum rims & the other had vogue tires and chrome wheels. You can guess which one stood out!....On the flip side though, the Vogues seem to be a "cadillac" thing. Ive seen Lincolns with them and they look out of place.

Back