'88 Toyota Miyagata style hearse - 3/3/17 NC auction

Not having a lot of experience with these but wasn't the compartment to to be kept and remounted on another chassis? The craftsmanship in building it is noted but I would not know what to do with it. However the stretched 4 four door Toyota with a flat deck might go e in handy

These bodies are all hand-crafted and the resulting vehicles quite expensive. However, although possible, it appears to be somewhat uncommon for such bodies to be removed and mounted on newer chassis. Due to pending local safety legislation, the high cost of building these cars which result in high retail prices and a general move to more western-style funeral cars for cost considerations, these traditional Miyagata-style funeral cars are slowly dying out. This means that these coaches, like the old carved panel cars here in North America, will be immensely collectable - both in Japan and elsewhere - at some point.

These coaches always appear as though you wouldn't want to get one going over 30 mph for fear of flopping it over on its side. I would bet that you would go through a set of tires every 7500 miles.

This car sold last Friday at the GAA Classic Car Auction for $18,000! That seemed like lots of money to me, but it may be unique enough to capture a buyer.

Back