sending unit

John Royark JR

PCS Member
I know someone that is looking for a gas tank sending unit for his 1954 DeSoto sedambulance. He told me he has looked in Hemmings, and on the internet with no luck. Anyone here have a source? If I remember correctly the car is 6 volt.

Does he have the original unit that doesn't work, or is the original one missing. I have located a source that repairs them. Finding one in a salvage yard is going to be next to impossible, since most yards cut the tanks out of the cars before they are placed in the yard for safety reasons. They have been doing this for more than 50 years that I know of. If he could find a NOS one, it will probably cost between $300 - $500. If he is lucky enough to have an original parts book and has a part number, send it to me. I know of an old time Chrysler dealership that has a lot of very old NOS, but they just got cut by Chrysler, so they might not be around for very much longer.

Does he have the original unit that doesn't work, or is the original one missing. I have located a source that repairs them. Finding one in a salvage yard is going to be next to impossible, since most yards cut the tanks out of the cars before they are placed in the yard for safety reasons. They have been doing this for more than 50 years that I know of. If he could find a NOS one, it will probably cost between $300 - $500. If he is lucky enough to have an original parts book and has a part number, send it to me. I know of an old time Chrysler dealership that has a lot of very old NOS, but they just got cut by Chrysler, so they might not be around for very much longer.

He has the original one, I will tell him to get the part number off it (its still on the car) and I will let you know when I get it.

It would be faster if he sent the unit to one of these people listed below. They repair all types of fuel sending units and both come highly recommended.

Tri Starr Radiator
13 Holmes Ave
New Berlin NY 13411
(607) 847-6848
(800) 216-4940

or

S.U.R.&R. Auto Parts, Inc.
1969 S. Main Street
Akron, Ohio 44301
800.390.3996 or
330.745. 3300​

It would be faster if he sent the unit to one of these people listed below. They repair all types of fuel sending units and both come highly recommended.

Tri Starr Radiator
13 Holmes Ave
New Berlin NY 13411
(607) 847-6848
(800) 216-4940

or

S.U.R.&R. Auto Parts, Inc.
1969 S. Main Street
Akron, Ohio 44301
800.390.3996 or
330.745. 3300​

Thanks,
I will give him the info.

Whats up with the random question at the top of the reply? It will not let me post unless I answer it.

not mensa material

I answered the random question several times yesterday. My posts evidently did not get posted as the random answers were wrong. Is that how it works? The sky is blue and the grass is...green, growing, needing cut, excellent? Is there a correct answer? I tried several and none seemed to be right.
Mike

I answered the random question several times yesterday. My posts evidently did not get posted as the random answers were wrong. Is that how it works? The sky is blue and the grass is...green, growing, needing cut, excellent? Is there a correct answer? I tried several and none seemed to be right.
Mike

This problem has been corrected. It was as a result of some changes that I made yesterday. I had inadvertently checked a box that required visual verification. Once I was made aware of this in John's post, I immediately fixed the error. I, as administrator, don't see the forums the way that the members do, so when something like this happens, please let me know immediately, so I can look into it. Thanks Paul

Back