WANTED...Drapery Material

Dana Bennett

PCS Life Member
Hi ALL!!

I should have done this MANY years ago!!! Unfortunately I waited until LAST MONTH to send out my drapes from my coach to one of my very good friends Lily in Chicago to have her make me new ones (mine are pretty faded) just not realizing how hard it is to find material that is right or at least close to it.

Mine are from my '76 Superior and are like a Royal Blue. I figured it might be next to impossible to find material with the same pattern but I hoped at least for the same color. Lily owns her own business and does drapes for a living so she knows what she's doing but just has not been able to locate an acceptable material as of yet.

Does anyone have any of this material (sorry, wish I had a close up picture to post of the drapes) or can suggest where to locate some??
Does anyone think CW Coach might have NOS material or is that really not something they would deal with??

and if it means anything , listed on my copy of the original invoice for this coach it says:

CEPO 01123 - Furnish and Install Park Ave. Drapes-
to be sliding type in lieu of std. 3
window (Park Ave. Blue 838503)

I can NOT be certain of the number 838503 because the "5" is kinda messed up and I can not tell clearly what it is, it probably doesn't help anyways but I just thought I would include it.

I also just noticed above in the list it says:

848803 Draperies Blue Park Avenue

For the interior it says:

848983 Sidewall basic Dark Blue Geneva Velvet

and says the same for the seat "Dark Blue Geneva Velvet", honestly the interior doesn't seem all that "velvety" like it did in my '74 Superior!!

anyway, I would greatly appreciate any help in locating the correct material or at least something acceptable so that I can have my curtains done!! Like I said, it is totally my fault in not thinking ahead and I probably will be showing my coach at Hudson without curtains. oh well, will just be happy to actually be able to bring my hearse!!

Dana Bennett
Forestville, NY

If the drapes were made from an automotive seat fabric, which is a distinct possibility, you can send a sample to two companies that specialize in this type of fabric.

SMS Auto Fabrics
350 South Redwood St.
Canby, OR 97013

Phone: (503) 263-3535
Fax: (503) 263-3525
Mon-Fri 8:30-5:00 PST

or

Original Auto Interiors
7869 Trumble Road
Columbus, MI 48063
Phone: (586) 727-2486
Fax: (586) 727-4344

This would be putting things off too late for the meet, but Joann Fabrics headquarters and superstore is in Hudson. I found two patterns there that were pretty similar to my original ones. You may have good luck there too.

A long shot...

Dana,

You might want to check with Accubuilt in Lima. They seem to use certain drapery materials and patterns for Superior and S&S coaches that have been around for years, including the "Paisley" type designs. It might be that they have a supply of material you are looking for or think would look good in your coach.

Back