old cars weekly Golden Quill Awards

Rocky Fluegge

PCS Member
I would like to give a congrats to "Bee Hamlin" for her on call, And to Louis Farah for the "professional car collector" & Walter McCall for " The professional car" They all won the Golden Quill Award for a great club publication, that they put on!:applause: Another way to get a little more awareness to our hobbie. Thanks for all the hard work.:festive::071::festive:

more on golden quill

Yesterday my Old Cars arrived. I read it last night while my limo party was having the party. Am I the only one who noticed that the other professional car group also got a Quill? Am I the only one who noticed that Old Cars put the cover picture of OUR magazine over the name of the other procar group? The cover has our name on it so it should have been obvious that the two did not go together. I don't want to hear about saving editorial space and all that newspaper stuff. No more space was used or saved by putting the cover with the wrong group. Now, since I am not in a position to do more than voice an opinion here I will refrain from writing to Old Cars magazine about this.
I think the picture position in this case could confuse some potential new members, but that is just me. Maybe.
Mike

some people can't name Lou and his splinter group the PCI. that's professional cars international, it's still a sore thing. but me I was wondering just how there picked or do you submit to them. just how does the golden quill thing work. since I see a number of vary good chapter magazines maybe some information on how to enter would be in order. nice to see Rocky mentioned everyone here that got a award. one up for this site.

how they r picked

ED,
According to the Old Cars magazine they get dozens of newletters and club magazines. They judge them on size, quality, content, number of pages, usefull info, member participation and more. The PCS is up against some heavy hitters in the competition.
I am glad the PCS stays in the game here. As members we have a great crew busting their rears to get out a great magazine. The validation by another hobby magazine is no small honor.
Mike

:my2cents:

so you have to send it in to them? so how many of the chapter know about they way to go about doing this? maybe we canincurage them to put in.

I second the congratulations to Walt McCall and MAC's own Bee Hamlin on their Golden Quill Awards. It's very prestigious, and well deserved. As Mid-Atlantic Chapter Vice President, I'm proud our chapter newsletter won an award!

Other chapters, go for it, I'll be happy for you, too!

As for putting our magazine's photo over PCI's name, well, it's a mistake but it can't be undone at this point - can't un-ring a bell. It is what it is.

You missed a couple.

The Superior Times and Criterion also received Golden Quills This Year.

Back