2014 Cadillac S&S Masterpiece

Chad Oolman

PCS Member
Am I the only one that likes this coach? I realize it's very different from what we have seen in the past, but that's what makes it unique! The landau style is classic, but it's also been around a LONG time. I give S&S credit for trying something new and modern looking.

Does anyone have pictures of this cars interior?

1385069_603184449745489_722025710_n.jpg

1005346_603184106412190_399741565_n.jpg

1376408_603184189745515_185586124_n.jpg

1383998_603184983078769_1940779733_n.jpg

Am I the only one that likes this coach? I realize it's very different from what we have seen in the past, but that's what makes it unique! The landau style is classic, but it's also been around a LONG time. I give S&S credit for trying something new and modern looking

Sorry, but in my opinion, yes, you are the only one who likes this coach. I give S&S credit for proving the saying that you can't polish a turd.

I realize I'm very much in the minority as far as the general public is concerned, but I would never do business with a funeral home that can't provide a dignified coach for my loved ones.

Last edited:
I wish I could 'thank' the above post a million times. :applause:

As soon as I saw the title of the thread, I thought to myself, "Oh no." :(

It's awful. Kill it with fire. :flame2: Just make sure to remove the coach lamps first. They're the only thing of any value on the whole car.

Another good use would be a military bombing range.

Last edited:
Its not the best looking car but its better than most. I will say that the car shown looks acceptable to me. Remember too, that to most of the general public, its "just a hearse". If they cant tell the difference between the Ecto and a 1976 Cadillac Landau hearse, this current design wont matter to them.

I realize I'm very much in the minority as far as the general public is concerned, but I would never do business with a funeral home that can't provide a dignified coach for my loved ones.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you Pat, But: One must realize that we PCS lovers are in the minority. I'm sure 99 3/4 percent of the population would never consider, if they even had knowledge of a particular firms fleet. The only real knowledge I have locally is a small Mom & Pop firm that has a 80's Pontiac has their main Hearse. A Mexican firm used to use a 50's Poncho as their 1st call vehicle. :eek:

To me it'd be like like saying I wouldn't use a particular towing firm because they use Fords, or saying I'm not going to use a particular Realtor because he drives clients around in a Bmw.

The only no way, no how I have as far as funerals is Sci, from their history and personal experience.

I personally can't stand the roofline, it reminds me of a European coach. I am really glad that our fleet was updated in 2010. I would really like to see one in person.

the back glass looks like a after though. way bigger the rest. at least they could make the car flow from front to back. were you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear, you can make a sows ear attractive enough for people to want one. the back s looks lit a pick up topper. whe you look at if from the side you left wounder is you load it will it take the bow out. it humped up like a semi trailer.

I agree, the prototype Stateman looks like a very nice coach. I like the roof line and back door. I would like to see what the rear overhang is like, my concern is that the car will have the "big butt" sydrome that many late model accubuilt products have.

you go to load in this one and it will be more of pinched butt. be kind of like a suppository up a frog's hind end

I think the windshield is slanted way too much and the rear of the coach is well..................awful !!!

whats the price on one of those things anyways ??

This shows the interior. I think it would have looked a lot better if the quarter window was the same height as the side windows. The loading door window looks much nicer now that they made it much smaller from last year. 2014 S&S Masterpiece ad.jpg

I think the windshield is slanted way too much and the rear of the coach is well..................awful !!!

whats the price on one of those things anyways ??

Not sure of the price on this one, but a couple months ago there was a 2013 Superior at the dealer in my state and he told me the price was $109,000.

Windshield

My understanding is the manufactures are not allowed to modify the A pillars in any way. So they are stuck with what they are provided with to make it work as best they can.

We scoff and make snide comments about the new hearses because, in our perfect world, they should still have the same class and dignified lines as a 1939 Henney Packard or 1960 Superior Crown Royale. Truth is, the coachbuilders can only do so much with what they have to work with. This Masterpiece is a prime illustration of how an attempt to make a commercial size hearse from a small standard-glass car just doesn't work. Without modifying the windshield and A pillars (like Tom McPherson did with his FWD Buicks and Oldsmobiles), I don't see how any coachbuilder will come up with a truly pleasing design.

Modifying the windshield and A pillars will drive the price up substantially. The new Masterpiece already lists for $113,800.

There are a couple styles of the XTS hearse I could probably live with, but I'm still concerned about the width between rear wheelhouses and the low ground clearance at the front of the vehicle.

I was at the NFDA convention and saw these cars in person. The Accubuilt cars all look like top heavy door stop wedges, with the exception of the new low roof line "Victoria" that will be available next summer. The limousine style windows in the back of the S&S look like giant screen televisions set on a small wall. The lines of the car just do not work, small side windows, huge window in back and a completely different size window on the rear door. They look like the designers used parts there were just sitting around in order to slap together a car with no concern given for style or flow.

While it is true that the designers hands were tied because of General Motors requirements not to change the windshield (making commercial glass cars impossible) the designers could have done a better job. Management at Accubuilt is also to blame for this style. Hopefully the new management will get the problems corrected.

IHopefully the new management will get the problems corrected.

I did not realize that Accubuilt is under new management. Does anyone know the story behind that?

I have also heard rumors that Accubuilt is working on getting permission from Cadillac to build a commercial glass car. That would be welcomed news!

Back