1973 Cadillac Superior ambulance.

Again, presentation is everything! With a little bit of effort, he may have gotten $10,000 for it from someone....... but not looking like that!

Just picture it moved out of the weeds,rusty areas sanded and touched up with correct color paint. The rig looks solid as no rust in back bottom front fenders. The rust in back appears to be surface not rot. Looks like it COULD be a nice rig. I still think the 10K is high but you can fish you just may not get a bite. How good it is inside is the key

If it was that rusty when Steve Loftin took his photo of it years ago, it can't be any better now! Looks like it has the typical Midwest fender and quarter panel rust through. It will most likely have a good sized hole in the driver side floor board as well. Pretty much identical condition to my '75 Superior 54"....... just an $8000 difference in price!

I just spoke with the seller. His Step-Father was the owner of Parsons Ambulance Service in Parsons, KS. He is selling it for the estate, so it is a 2-owner car. He tells me that Parsons Ambulance Service was bought out by their county ambulance sevice around 2003. He also confirmed that it does have a hole in the floor board on the driver's side. The interior is Omaha Orange as well. He is sending more photos that I will post.

Just picture it moved out of the weeds,rusty areas sanded and touched up with correct color paint. The rig looks solid as no rust in back bottom front fenders. The rust in back appears to be surface not rot. Looks like it COULD be a nice rig. I still think the 10K is high but you can fish you just may not get a bite. How good it is inside is the key

WOW,Peter,you can tell all that from just the 2 photos posted ??

I look at it the other way,that is if its so clean why not post MORE pictures ,showing that ??

Either way like Kurt said "its all in the presentation".:rolleyes:

What I can now see with the addition of Steves pictures is the LEFT side. The left front fender as pointed out has the normal rot at the back bottom this would lead one to believe it had a fender bender on the right front and was replaced thus no rot. Left dog leg has the normal rot between front of left skirt and left rear door. The floor rot indicated again is normal unless the rig was a Southwest or California Car. The rig is now 42 years old and has been stored out doors for a while so there is going to be rot. I still agree its not a 10 grand car and without interior pictures who can say what its worth?

now me I always price them with this criteria .
first off: do I want it
then will it roll up on the trailer or do I have to drag it.
then it moves up to, can I drive it on and will it stop.
then it goes to, can I drive it home.
then to, can I drive it home and does everything work.
then it's, what will it cost to get everything working.
then it's, what will it cost to get it where I would be proud to show it.
then it boils down to three things: can I buy it, fix what is wrong and store it.

some times the number one trumps the sanity in all the rest but start with scrap price and work you way up. remember every dime you pay for the car at a lower level is one you can't spend to fix it.

the same goes for selling one, cleaned up, air in the tires and parked on the street goes a lot higher on the list then the pictures of this one. you can't do that don't price it high on the list if selling is your goal.

What see is a car worth saving. I can't do it, but I hope someone can. More pics will tell the story, it is expensive, but it appears complete. That's important. After all they don't make them anymore.

The guy selling it for the estate tells me that it was his Step-Father's pride & joy, which is why he kept it well after selling off his ambulance business 12 or more years ago. The seller tells me that he would not be afraid to get in it and drive it to town and back. Both 184 domes are gone with one having been stolen and one was broken. I still have not received the additional photos that he told me he would send.

Any old ambulance stirs me and would love to own them all. But I can barely keep my Lifeliner together and getting her back on the road.

It IS overpriced, but on the positive side the interior looks intact from the limited view these 2 photos give. Most of the exterior trim pieces are there, too. Those can be very hard to find. Folks have certainly started w/ a car in worse shape!

Back