Very Cool, Ridiculously Priced 1966 Ford Fire Chief's Wagon

Neat wagon offered by an outfit with a BAD reputation and delusions. If it were fire company owner from new it could be a Police Package especially with the 390 as that was the police motor of choice in 66. Upon closer inspection of photos has 100mph non certified speedo so no police packarge Probably can be bought for less than 1/2 of the dream on price.

Neat wagon offered by an outfit with a BAD reputation and delusions. If it were fire company owner from new it could be a Police Package especially with the 390 as that was the police motor of choice in 66. Upon closer inspection of photos has 100mph non certified speedo so no police packarge Probably can be bought for less than 1/2 of the dream on price.

I think that would be a high estimate, don't you? I really like the looks of the car, regardless of anything else.

It looks home made with out paying any attention to Chicago's set up. Way to much stuff on it and no red and green lights

Plus they were known to be loyal customers of Mars lights, not seeing any on this unit at all. The off brand (non Federal) electronic siren was definitely an add-on, the "phaser" tone didn't come online until the 80s I believe.

I don't even know where to start on this one...

At least the seller--notorious for misrepresenting the lineage of their cars--doesn't claim that it was an actual chief's car that served the _? Fire Department.

The most ridiculous component is the Sireno sirenlight with a Federal Solar Ray light tacked on to the front.

VOLO

Isn't that the dealer who had the ex-Brintlinger 59 Eureka all ghostbustered up for some crazy high price?

Waaaaaaayyyyyy overpriced!!!!! IMHO it would be overpriced at 1/3 of the asking price. I would also like them to show that it really was an actual Chief's buggy or not.

Isn't that the dealer who had the ex-Brintlinger 59 Eureka all ghostbustered up for some crazy high price?

It is; they also claimed to have Oneal F.H.'s original Car 605 ('62 Ford wagon ambulance that carried Oswald to the hospital). The real car had been totaled in an accident not long after Oswald was shot, according to Aubrey Rike in this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Memory-Aubrey-Assassination-President-Kennedy/dp/0977465756

Mr. Rike was part of the Car 606 (twin '62 Ford to 605) crew that was already at Parkland when JFK was brought in. This is definitely a book worth reading.

It is; they also claimed to have Oneal F.H.'s original Car 605 ('62 Ford wagon ambulance that carried Oswald to the hospital). The real car had been totaled in an accident not long after Oswald was shot, according to Aubrey Rike in this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Memory-Aubrey-Assassination-President-Kennedy/dp/0977465756

Mr. Rike was part of the Car 606 (twin '62 Ford to 605) crew that was already at Parkland when JFK was brought in. This is definitely a book worth reading.

It is a great book, I have the Kindle version if anyone would like to borrow it from me electronically PM me and I'll gladly share it.

Back