'74 Cadillac Fenders

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
This questions is probably best directed to Pete, but what is the difference between the '71 thru '73 Cadillac fenders and the '74 Cadillac front fenders? Hollander shows them as being different, but they appear to be exactly the same. The small lower painted section ahead of the front wheel opening(beneath the molding)on the '74s is a bolt-on piece. Does anyone know the difference?

The 5 mph bumper mandate in 73 required the notch for clearances in front. Then there is the different changes for the fender leds. All required a different hole. The headlight housings raidator supports will have a hole or two moved. The older Hollander would list what one would have to do if they could be made to interchanged.

74 Cadillac Fenders

The 5 mph bumper mandate in 73 required the notch for clearances in front. Then there is the different changes for the fender leds. All required a different hole. The headlight housings raidator supports will have a hole or two moved. The older Hollander would list what one would have to do if they could be made to interchanged.

I have a older Hollander's , from the early 80,s. It show's 71-73 , 74 by itself and 75-76 interchange with no footnotes on any of them.

Ed is right about the "Federal" bumper changes other wise yes drill a few holes and move on. Its like todays Crown Victoria and Grand Marquis the book tells you the doors don't interchange. The only change was the interior door opening handle again drill a couple of holes and switch the parts from the junk door. The funniest one on interchange was 1962 I bought a burned out 60 Cadillac Coupe De Ville cause I had a rolled over one with all the parts except the glass and roof. I was shopping for the roof etc. at the yards in South Phila. (no hot line then). Walked into a yard "yeah I got one" said the guy. He walked me over to a 59 Impala I said "HUH" he said "Same Roof" yes it was. As was glass etc. So it is amazing what will interchange if you do your homework.

Back