Windshield comparison

Kevin Lynch

PCS Member
My 69 MM has a high windshield. My 70 Superior does not. Does this mean the 70's windshield is stock?
Thanks in advance!

If your 1970 Superior is a commercial chassis car, then it should have the high windshield. Since the 1969 and the 1970 commercial chassis cars used the same windshield, and all the commercial chassis builders used the same windshields for identical years, that means that GM only produced 2 windshields for those years. The commercial windshield, and the passenger car windshield. I suggest that you take a measurement at the side of each windshield, and see how much difference in inches between the two. Now, if your 1970 Superior is a Pontiac low top vehicle, Superior might have used the standard car windshield instead of a commercial chassis windshield. If there is a difference in the windshield, then there is also a difference in the vent and / or the front door glass. If it is a Cadillac, I believe that Superior only used commercial chassis glass in them. Keep in mind, that the windshield pillars were welded onto the cowl at the Superior assembly plant, and they could have deviated from the normal procedure if there was a request from a customer. Please post some frontal views of the two cars.
thanks Paul

window size

I've had the cars side-by-side. 69 MM has tall windshield. 70 Superior is not as tall. Just a point - the MM roof line goes up immediately (48" classic) and the roof over the driver's head on the Superior is hardly higher than a sedan.
I had a chip in a windshield in my 72 Superior Sovereign. No one could find that windshield, but luckily it patched fine.
Thanks everyone!

If it is a CC ( commercial chassis ) both have the same windshield . 65-70 CC are all the same. 71-76 are same and both are avaiiblle from Pilkington Classic Glass. Both the Superior and M-M have different roof lines , it might give the appearance of being different but they are same windshield . Pic of the 75 Criterion looks big but the same windshield as any 71-76 CC.

Attachments

• 20190414_101912.jpg
    20190414_101912.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
windshield dimensions

The cars are in separate places. I'll try to get to them tomorrow. The MM is in city limits which has some travel restrictions due to the Tornado of a week ago Monday. I'll look and see if I have photos now.

I throw myself on the mercy of the membership

Ok both windshields are 27 inches tall dead center. The base of the MM windshield is about level with the hood. On the Superior, the windshield mounts a little lower. Thanks for the info!
K

Back