wire harness hold downs

I replaced the wire harness on my 68 cadillac and i need to cut the plastic hold downs through out the engine compartment that holds the wires in place.
Where could I buy new wire straps? I don't want to use zip ties

I bought a bunch of these from a restoration company a few years ago for my car. They were 50 cents apiece. If you want some, let me know. Shipping should be under $2.00 since they are light.

Attachments

• MVC-819F.JPG
    MVC-819F.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 72
Michael,

I was just (minutes ago) outside thinking about how I need to change the wiring harness in my 1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille and I come in and this is the first post.

I had a small wire fire near the starter in September 2007. I spliced some wire in order to get it home but I have pretty much parked the car since then for fear of another "incident".

How much of the wiring did you replace? Where did you get the replacement and were you happy with it?

Attachments

• P5040001.jpg
    P5040001.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 69
I know that there is a company that supplies new wire harness's to the restoration supply companies, but I don't know if they make the one that you need. There policy is that if they have the original wire diagram from GM, they will make it. If not, you are out of luck. They will not make a copy of what you have. If you can't find a new replacement, then possibly Ed might be able to get one off of a car when he goes to the junk (recycling) yard. I know that the front harness is an easy one to remove, since it is connected to the passenger compartment wire harness at the firewall under the brake booster by a 3/8" bolt into the fuse block. Most times that wire harness's fail, it is because they come in contact with the exhaust manifold, or they rub through because they are not properly secured as they left the factory.

new wire harness

I bought mine from usa auto parts from the catolog and it went right in and every thing fit just great with no splicing it came from the big conector on the fire wall all the way out to the head lights.
My limo was from a wrecking yard and stripped and cut with no wires left so it was nice to have a harness that fit to each plug

Back