Loading lights..

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
These pictures are the loading light on a 1978 Superior..

Attachments

• MVC-834F.jpg
    MVC-834F.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 130
  • MVC-835F.JPG
    MVC-835F.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 131
This is what Miller Meteor used. To me, it looks like a boat light, however, I still have not found the manufacturer name...

Attachments

• MVC-837F.JPG
    MVC-837F.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 130
  • MVC-838F.JPG
    MVC-838F.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 130
unknown lights

Paul,
Have you disassembled the lights to see if they are marked in anyway on the inside? Cast marks, stamped, painted or whatever? Put them on you tube with a question of identifying them.
Mike

:my2cents:

All the Miller Meteors I have do not use the type of light you pictured. It looks to me that the light you have pictured could be made by Perko, a marine fitting manufacture.
The lights used by M&M are made by Unity and are still available today. I believe Unity calls them hose-bed lights. The Superior ambulances I have do use the first light you pictured, they are also identical to the loading lights on my S&S High Boy

The light that I pictured as being from a Miller Meteor came off a 1967 Miller Meteor Lifeliner that was parted out and some of the parts were given to me. It is the identical light that is on my 1969 Miller Meteor 48". I did search the Perko catalog, but wasn't able to find anything similar, but that might only mean that it is no longer available. After all, that light is 40 years old...

the other style is the one that sits on a post with the wire coming up threw the body. MM used them on a lot of stuff to. but since
Wayne built a lot of fire trucks also they could source out from a number of places. the first one was what my 72 CB had on it.

Back