Hood hinges

Well I finally managed to get my hood hinges off the Lifeliner and now on their way to Virginia for repair. I have to say they were LOOSE. Anxious to get them back and see how a real hood opens and closes properly again. I had my son here to help removing the hood but will take some real muscle to re-install.:eek:

Got word today my newly renovated hood hinges will be here July 1st. Can't wait to get them installed. Just heard word there is an un-official cruise this Saturday evening here in La Porte. Should be fun.

One man operation installing a big a$$ heavy hood.

Attachments

• h1 (1).jpg
    h1 (1).jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 142
  • h2 (1).jpg
    h2 (1).jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 142
  • h4.jpg
    h4.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 141
As a follow-up to this project. Thanks to Paul for recommending the company I used to have my hinges redone. Great service and great price. Turn around was 3 weeks.

Richard it looks like a job well done, and it's nice to see her with her properly opening and closing hood back on. :applause:

I'm also glad you didn't try to use that contraption funeral directors have to lift up heavy cases and gently drop them into the casket for your hood re-installation! :thumbsup:

Drop the front of the hinge.first make sure the stop is not what it holding it up. As you drop the front of the hinge it lets it close in the rear But moves that side forward so you come down with the hinge then back with the hood. The quick way is to shim the front bolt on the hood. But with 3 on the caddy you have to taper them. But that is normally reserved for last resort.

Back