66 s&s restoration

Doors

Why does this stuff have to be 3000 miles away? I could put all these doors on Wellsboro and save a world of work and get the restoration moving.

These will fit 71-76 S&S . Side doors might also fit a ambulance but not 100% sure on that.

Yes i see you nave found the S&S problem spots. What was the product you used on the roof? They get new stuff out all the time.

Yes i see you nave found the S&S problem spots. What was the product you used on the roof? They get new stuff out all the time.

Since I didn't want to weld on the roof with the headliner still in it I cut all the rust out and used a 3M panel bonding adhesive. I did remove the screws after and the purple filler is actually meant to use on boats it's called Fibertech.

Didn't S&S exclusively use that rear door glass in the '60s and '70s (possibly even later) that had a "bend" in the center that lined up with the vertical seam in the rear door? The attached photo is of a '72, but same configuration.

I wouldn't know how the original glass actually looked like since I've never had it or seen another one. I can't even find any pictures of another 66 s&s Victoria anywhere.

Glass

I wouldn't know how the original glass actually looked like since I've never had it or seen another one. I can't even find any pictures of another 66 s&s Victoria anywhere.

It does not have to be a Victoria , just a 65-76 S&S hearse . I think a ambulance is different .

After looking at your door pic , it almost looks like the same door and glass on my 61 S&S . Can you measure the opening , I can compare it to the 61 door and 72 door. Thanks

Attachments

• DSC01398.JPG
    DSC01398.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 218
After looking at your door pic , it almost looks like the same door and glass on my 61 S&S . Can you measure the opening , I can compare it to the 61 door and 72 door. Thanks

These measurements are as close as i can get due to all the glue on the outside. top is 40.5",bottom is 44" sides are 17" middle height is 17.5" and diagonal is 45"

These are to inside lip of the stainless trim. I think you need the earlier one. I thought the bent glass was started in 65 with the new body style. Looks to me now that the bent glass was started 67 , 68 or 69 ? I had a 69 and it had the bent glass. So 69-76 for sure.

1961 = 40'' 41'' 16'' 16 3/4'' 43 ''

1972 = 37 1/2'' 42 3/4 '' 15 3/4'' 17'' 43''

We had a speaker at the mid winter that was the one responsible for that design. One more thing to set the cars apart.

The other funny thing on this car is the rear bumper. the center section is from a 65 and the tail light ends are a 66 modified to fit. Was that something standard or was that a custom order?

The other funny thing on this car is the rear bumper. the center section is from a 65 and the tail light ends are a 66 modified to fit. Was that something standard or was that a custom order?

The rear bumper and ends are a CC ( commercial chassis) parts made by GM and supplied to the coach builder. 65-76 bumper blades are basically the same.
Depending on the year there are no lights or certain lights in the bumper blade.
Ambulances use the same basic blades but usually have a step . Most of the years use the same taillight lens as the year of the coach but not always. The taillight housing is unique to the CC bumper. The basic shape is the same as stock Cadillac but the bottom of the housing is made to mate with the CC bumper. A few years that come to mind for odd taillight lens me is 61 and 75 . 61 Uses a single lens and the backup lights are from a 59 El Camino. 74-76 use station wagon taillight lens.

Attachments

• DSC01497.JPG
    DSC01497.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC05882.JPG
    DSC05882.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC05866.JPG
    DSC05866.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 151
Back