Fender Skirts In Hollander Manuals

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
ATTN: Pete!!

Where are fender skirts referenced in Hollander manuals? I cannot find them in the "Quarter Panel" section, or anywhere else.

Sorry Ed skirts were never an option they were either standard or not offered depending on the model. The skirtless ones were usually Eldorodos, pay more get less! You could get some interesting options back in the day when I bought them new. For if memory serves me on the price you could order any color GM ever used on any line for $45.00 extra I always got a standard color as I sold mine before a year old. A buddy of mine got a new 70 Convertible and had it done in 1959 Seminole Red. I always ordered mine with the High output Police alternator $29.00 extra.Also I ordered a couple of times the white leather interior with red piping to match the outside again seldom seen and cheap memory says around $50.00 but not sure.

I guess fender skirts on a '65-'70 Catalina, Star Chief/Executive could have been added by a dealer. It would have only entailed removing the wheel lip molding that came on it from the factory.

I just went and checked images on the 70 Cars the Bonneville skirts are flush mount. I don't have a parts book for 70 but I think you will find the 1/4 panels are different. It ain't as simple as remove the molding I think wheel opening different to accomidate flush mount.

I guess fender skirts on a '65-'70 Catalina, Star Chief/Executive could have been added by a dealer. It would have only entailed removing the wheel lip molding that came on it from the factory.

You are correct about the Pontiac's, they were an extra cost option, however, they could also be dealer installed from parts room supplies. They were not offered as an accessory, strangely enough, although the list of accessory optons was extensive.
Thee only difference between the various models was the trim that was applied to the car. When you also get into the quarter panels, some were longer than others because of the model upgrades. Same with the trunk panels, once again, they were different between the sedans and the 2 door models. Rear body panels changed depending on the rear lighting in some years.

GM treated Pontiac in an interesting fashion an eight was $25.00 more than a six. My first car was a gifted from my dad 41 Streamliner 8 sedan coupe (read that fastback) that he bought new. In 1941 Pontiacs choice of models ran the full GM line with bodies from Chevrolet to Cadillac. The door from the big "Torpedo" series interchanged with Cadillac so for way less in a Pontiac you had the same room and comfort.

Will of course Caddys were not dealer installed. You could not buy a caddy with out them. But in the good old years the extras were all dealer installed.

Back