1993-6 Cadillac engines

John Royark JR

PCS Member
I have a question. We all hear about the 94-96 LT1 engines used in the Cadillacs, and I have heard that some prefer the 95-96, so is there any difference in the engine between 94 and 95-6?
Also, no one ever says anything about the 1993 engine. I know they are different, but I have not heard good or bad, so how are they, besides having less HP compared to the 94-6 LT1.

the 5.7 TBI used in the 1993 is a great engine also, just not as powerful as the LT-1s with multi port injection. I have owned each year 93-96 and like them all. Although the 94-96 LT-1s are supposed to be identical, i would swear that the 94s Ive had seemed a bit faster. EVERY 96 I have had has had an intermittent check engine light with a torque convertor error code. I attribute this to a super sensitive OBD-II engine management system. These are my observances.

1993-6 Cadillac Engines

The 93 is a great engine ,it is the last evolution of the classic s/b Chevy engine. Had the below 93 and it ran great. The 93 also is a lot simpler and cheaper to repair than the 94-96 engines. Both are pretty bullet proof .

Attachments

• DSC05614.jpg
    DSC05614.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 102
to me they went over board. the basic 350 with the throttle body and hei ignition on the 92 6 door would run all day at 20mpg. had enough power so that with a full load and AC running you didn't lack in the mountains. change that to multi port for another 10 gs and did you really gain that much? maybe on the dino. factor in the cost of repair, it's a we will see if anyone is rebuilding them in 20 years. but the small block with push rods has still been the mainstay of GM since 1955. got to say something for the engine

Back