Stretcher, cot, church truck ads

Steve Loftin

PCS Member
Site Supporter
Let's post old stretcher, cot, and church truck ads here, in order to give procar owners a better idea of what would've been used in their vehicle.

I'll start with this Bomgardner ad from the August, 1933 edition of The Embalmer's Monthly and National Funeral Director magazine:

Attachments

• Bomgardner.jpg
    Bomgardner.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 263
Washington #854

Here's something I've never seen before; a combination main/auxiliary cot based on a standard #54 (two-level ambulance) frame:

Attachments

• Washington.jpg
    Washington.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 258
Here's an Bomgardner ambulance cot ad from the same issue of MM:

Attachments

• Bomgardner.jpg
    Bomgardner.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 251
Since this ad appeared in the May, 1957 issue of Mortuary Management, we know that the #54-L was introduced that year:

Attachments

• Washington.jpg
    Washington.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 238
here is one I have January 77 add for the ferno 29. I made a inquire to Ferno about the introduction date of this gurney and here it there reply

Attachments

• ferno #29 add from 1977.jpg
    ferno #29 add from 1977.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 198
  • ferno letter from ferno.jpg
    ferno letter from ferno.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 193
any one know when bomgardner went put of production. with them still in business in 61 it's strange we don't find more of there cots

1956 Station Wagon Washington Cot

From "Fire Engineering" March 1956
Write for Free Catalog!
picture.php

Upper photo: "Washington full senior size Kontour-Kot with 5" cushion tires, in a Ford country sedan"

Lower photo: "Washington No. 3 cot hook in place. Quickly removed by four screws, leaving only two small flat plates on floor. Tailgate plate available to cover offset at rear door."

Last edited:
Back