View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 12:03 AM
PCS Member

Thanked 1,049 Times in 271 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think we're getting somewhere...

Holes matched for the radio base itself. However, holes don't perfectly line up for the control head/speaker brackets. The brackets are holding with just a single screw and not drilling new holes though. I'm unsure what the deal is - it was not MASTR Professional or the earlier Transistorized Progress Line as I tried to get those items to fit and couldn't due to size. It was not a Motorola product originally, best as I can tell. One clue to this mystery is that the hang-up clip on the side there (pictured) is a GE product. It's possible some holes in there went to something else entirely unrelated to the radio - like hand-lights as mentioned. It's possible also that M-D had a special radio setup of some kind from GE or otherwise - after all, there are two antennas with evidence of a previous third. Presuming that the two antennas were in service simultaneously, multiple antennas isn't something the standard products could deal with back then. Astute observers will also note it's a single-channel MASTR Royal Executive control head. But, how it is right now makes most sense to me after lots of research and most of the MASTR Professional/Executive stuff seemingly vaporware.

Next step is enlisting the help of the local Harris radio shop to see if I have it hooked up right before connecting power...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RadioBase.jpg (57.9 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg Radio.jpg (65.2 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg RadioSetup.jpg (82.8 KB, 64 views)