wanted: cc wheels (may not exist)

I am looking for a set of steel wheels to run my hubcaps on. Having trouble finding exactly what I need. They need to have the clips for the 50's style dog-dish hubcaps. like this:

ccwhl1.jpg

ccwhl2.jpg

What I DON'T want is for the backs to look like this: (sorry not a great pic)

ccwhl3.jpg

Seems as though the older CC wheels had a tapered rim on the back side, instead of going straight back in. Those wheels will not clear my brakes.

The other problem I have is that most vintage truck rims that would take these hubcaps are 6 lug, and my GMC is 5 lug, 5 0n 5 bolt pattern.

I don't know if they exist, but if anyone has any rims that have the clips and are not beveled in the rear, I would be interested. I am talking about rims that look like this on the rear:

ww.jpg

If you have some that you are using to roll a car around, but don't really need the clip style I have a couple sets of the same bolt pattern wheels that I can trade as well.

I have a few. getting them with the clips is hard to find. but you can get the replacement clips. that's the same wheel on my 53 poncho.

I'm sure that mine all all early 50 rims. they would be tapered. you need a set of disk wheel rims that will take the dog dish caps. check Brothers. they claim to have one. they also have the fingers that would go on the wheel centers for 9 bucks a set. though finding a wheel in that style with out the center bumps may prove just as challenging.

Back