Beltline trim clips needed

Steve Loftin

PCS Member
Site Supporter
As most of you know my white car is in the paint shop. The painting is almost complete, but a few of the attachment clips (see photos below) were broken when the beltline trim was removed. The shop has been unsuccessful in finding replacements.

I checked some other car sites and found that this outfit has been recommended as a possible source:

http://www.restorationspecialties.com/

I sent that link to the shop for their perusal.

In the meantime, do any of you (a) already know of a source for these, or (b) have a few that you're willing to part with?

Attachments

• 164.jpg
    164.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 194
  • 168.jpg
    168.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 206
Restoration specialties

I've been using Restoration Specialties over the years. Great catalogue with good illustrations. You can also go into your local NAPA store and they have all those parts in a book that looks like a flip chart. Good luck!

The vw are to small got a few of them at least the Beatle ones were. Vovo used some the audie ones were service able. i would have to check my box for that number. But sure that is them. they are a tight fit. I have a few of the original ones . Mines the centers. But a 2/32 wood dowel works for that. Just push it in cut it off go to the next one. The were used on all cars except the S&S same molding but the used the peg GM ones. They are still available as are the blind rivets to make the peg. I have some of them also. Right now sitting up in the ER with Kandy. Some mystery box problems.

Ok got a few minuets to rad my stash. here is the collection side by side. under the box the came out of. now my suggestion would be to put in at least on t bold if you can in the center if the back. I can't remember is it blind there of not. but if they can then you won't have a problem with the molding jumping off the clip. as you can see the usa ones are the closes but still not right you will have trouble with them in a soft spot. they will go one as will the Auide ones but you really got to wack them. there a MM to big. you can see here in the last shot were some one tried to use a plastic gm clip put it in wrong also.

Attachments

• IMG_2854.jpg
    IMG_2854.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_2855.jpg
    IMG_2855.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_2856.jpg
    IMG_2856.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_2857.jpg
    IMG_2857.jpg