1969 Miller-Meteor Cadillac Ambulance For Sale

A little instant visual. Wonder where the skirts are or maybe it did not have them.

Attachments

• riese1.jpg
    riese1.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 986
Some one on here correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe all Cadillac ambulances and hearses of that era came with skirts.
The skirts on my 70 Superior have also been eliminated. Many services did this to eliminate problems with rust and also ice and snow clogging up under the skirts. It may have been possible to factory order a unit without skirts, but I have never heard of that being done.
This is still a very nice car that needs to be saved. I can just see it with UGH! ghost busters logos and a bunch of crap on the roof.
I hope some one from our club steps up and saves it from that horrible fate!:eek:
(before anyone gets mad at me I am not a ghost busters hater. I hate all of the awful clones that people build and pass off as a "ghost buster")
Those of you who know me realize that I am a purist who believes that stock is the only way to go.

I have to agree with you on that score. but if you look at the picture of this one you will see that not only are the skirts missing but the wheel opening has been modified. it looks kind of like a poncho. not to uncommon during a rust repair to have some one do this. I will tell you this is not a easy quickie thing to do. some one took a lot of time and effort to do this. but your not going to put caddy skirts in that opening

Attachments

• 1970 MM.JPG
    1970 MM.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 802
Once again I agree with ED this is a modified wheel opening due to rot repair. There were never any aftermarket repair sections made for Cadillacs so it was improvise as best you could. I never saw a Pro car delivered without skirts some took them off to better cool the brakes or the salt snow bit but generally around here at least they stayed till the rot set in. We regularly gave skirts to the local squads in the day they were done in on curbs and other vehicles bumpers.

These are some photos the seller sent me. I have more interior pictures

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 753
Last edited:
So......... $15,000 plus another $5000 to replace and paint a set of new quarter panels that will accept skirts. The roof looks naked with no roof side moldings. Truck mirrors really need to go!! I would bet that you would find this one to be full of bondo. Pretty sparsely equipped rig!

One would have to settle for the car as done. It will take a little more then replacing the outer skin to put skirts on it. This car has had a good repair done on it. What's a little bondo amount friends.

I would never go as far as saying that it has had "good repair work done on the body" without looking at this one in person. A fresh coat of white paint can hide a multitude of sins! White is the most forgiving color of all colors. I, personally, could never call those quarter panels "well done". However, someone did waste a lot of time working on those quarter panels!

Back