1996 Cadillac S&S Hearse "MASTERPIECE

1996 Cadillac S&S Fleetwood Limo Style Hearse MASTERPIECE.
NO ACCIDENTS EVER- PERFECT CARFAX
ALWAYS GARAGED AND DEALER SERVICED SINCE NEW
A TRUE SOUTHERN HEARSE
CLEAN SOUTH CAROLINA TITLE IN HAND
PERFECT COLORS- BLACK EXTERIOR AND BLUE CLOTH INTERIOR
THE HEARSE IS LIKE NEW INSIDE AND OUT
66K ACTUAL MILES
5.7 LT 1 V- 8 ENGINE, THE BEST ENGINE GM EVER MADE
REAR WHEEL DRIVE https://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-Cadil...AOSwEphcAy-T:rk:2:pf:1&vxp=mtr&frcectupt=true

I like it other than the blue. Curious- how much extra were the S&S trim pieces on the hood on these coaches? Also, which dealership is this at?

The photo gives away the seller... the photo appears to be made at Black Cadillac in Greensboro, NC. Cary calls the seller "ZRepo" referring to a previous listing name. They list cars as being in Banner Elk, Huntersville and Georgia. This new town in SC adds a new one to their list.
This car, as well as other Black Cadillac castoffs, can be seen at hearselimo.com along with others, including a '63 or '64 Ecto being marketed as a 1959 model.

The same seller has a '95 Superior, black over green that I thought was interesting... until stumbling upon the photo with the interior...
Merry Christmas:

Attachments

• 95 Superior Green.jpg
    95 Superior Green.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 188
The seller and I definitely have different opinions of the 5.7P engine and it's purported greatness.

He definitely has not had to search for some of the unique drive parts for the water pump or the Optispark unit like I did while I was still in the dealerships. Or for that matter searching for a usable engine block with the cast provision for the drive unit.

Not to mention the price of an Optispark assemby or the distributor cap and rotor. Prepare for sticker shock.

Last Roadmaster I was tasked with before I retired, it took me two weeks to locate a used timing cover.

GM definitely overthought that system. They should have adapted the distributorless system that was used on the 3.8 V6 and used a more conventional drive system for the water pump .

I asked o e time why they did some of the things instead of just improving on proven good stuff. I got he because we can answer

With the cabin forward design on all of the RWD platform cars I understand why the distributor was removed from the rear of the engine, there was just no way to access it and combined with the intake plenum design that just added to the fun. It would have made more sense to reconfigure the ignition system from the Buick 3.8. It would have cost less money to add two injectors and reconfigure the ECM to fire the coils and feed the fuel needed for that engine They could have done it with a reluctor wheel added to the front of the timing chain crank sprocket and used a magnet for the cam sensor. At worst the crank trigger (reluctor) wheel may have required a slightly different crankshaft and definitely a timing cover change, neither of those were an unsolvable issue. And the problem of today attempting to find a replacement block for one damaged beyond repair would be a non issue.

Alone the savings of not having to reconfigure the block should have paid for the electronic engineering. Not to mention the costs of two separate engine block lines as trucks still used the conventional distributor during that period.

And people wonder how and why they went bankrupt. Just another shining example of stupidity in motion.

Sorry for my rant.

Too many College Engineers with no practical field knowledge and bean counters looking for the cheap way out. The fact that cheap will be eaten up by warranty claims and lost sales matters not to these folks they still get paid. I could go on for several paragraphs about things that fell apart and self distructed on the 91 to 96 Caprice cop cars. However in all fairness we remanufactured many 94 to 96 Caprices for police depts. around 2000 to 2001 so they could get few more years and Pennsylvania had 50 remanufactured at the same time. I did not bid on the contract due to the warranty they wanted. The Crown Vics. had some of the same in different areas but no where near the GM level.

A 472 with a throttle body injection would have solved all there problems. But once again that was old hat. After all it only had to go to just beyond the warranty.

I'm surprised of the differences in this commercial chassis over the standard sedan. The radio, instrument cluster and front and rear sheet medal is about all they share. With the same year car.

Back