70 Superior Rescuer Stainless trim for quarter panel

one molding would not take a vary big diameter pipe to put it in. but the 68 has a bend in the front that the 69-70 does not have. the mounting clips are the same style a number of years. if you get this one then what ever you do try to get the clips there is always one or two broken or rusty. those are the parts that is impossible to get. trim in good condition is expensive and hard to find when you looking at only one or two years or one modal that it fits. expensive to get repaired also. but like this one he is up to were getting it or one repaired is a wash. how ever your over a barrel as you don't have one to repair. havign redone a few of these I can tell you the number of things I would take off that car if I was there. most people would pass up or tear up getting some this else off. but there is som many small parts you just can't get any more. the trim around the load floor is one exampel. all i need is one piece 2 ft long just like this or that. realy drives you nuts

Ed is correct that this particular '69/'70 Superior molding differs from the '67/'68 version. The front downward bends are in different places - although they look very very similar. Also, '69/'70 is wider than '67/'68.

A close friend in CO has (among many coaches) a '68 Superior parked right next to a '69 in his building. The above info comes through him, who was happy to check once asked.

You can also check with Aabar's Cadillac & Lincoln Salvage in Oklahoma City. They have/had a '70 Superior landau combo in there 6 months ago anyway. Didn't take any photos and don't remember that moulding specifically. I have never personally purchased anything from them. I know that they tend to be on the high end on price. Steve may be able to check to see if it is still there. Aabar's number is 405.769.3318.

Back