Weatherstripping

Michael Mykulak

PCS Member
Last call on the W/S for the M-M and CB coach's. 200 feet left with a loose commitment for 100 feet. $4.50 per foot, you pay shipping and handling. I will however trade towards 10 of the N.O.S. combination Superior rollers that CW coach.s sold to someone here in Minnesota that bought the entire stock of 50 pieces that I was told were of N.O.S. condition. Please PM me if anyone knows who bought the 50 rollers if it is possible to negotiate 10 of them privately. Thanks!

I may have a source for combination rollers, but it will be a couple of weeks before I can check into it. I am assuming that you want combination rollers, as you stated, and not hearse rollers.

Not ever owning a ambulance... yet, what are the difference between combination and hearse rollers ? I know about the flip over panels.

Thanks,
Darren

Rollers

The 1969 Superior Sovereign of ours was originally outfitted with these rollers. They are designed with a bar style thumb latch which when you slide the spring loaded bar over unlatches a smooth chrome finished plate to allow it to turn over to the opposite side that has rollers affixed to the back side of the plate. Actually pretty nice feature that allows the wheels of a cot to roll over the plate side easier than the roller side. Much better idea than flipping the entire heavy panel that you are describing.

Combination rollers

Kurt, the rollers first came to my knowledge when a certain member went to CW and inventoried, photographed then posted pictures of the discoveries he found. Carl had brand new combo rollers still in the bags and in a matter of days they were all gone. I acted very quickly on getting 10 only to find out someone bought everyone of them. Mike Stevens did shop the used ones for me after the fact, but only sourced a very few good ones. I bought a 1965 Superior also just to get those rollers but was greatly disappointed to find most all of them were rusted, frozen up, rubber from the rollers dried up and broken off, etc.So after attempting restoring what I currently have for rollers, what I have still looks so sub-standard featured against the $450.00 black Mercedes Benz short pile wool carpetting I bought to restore the compartment floor. So CW knows who they were sold to but swore not to disclose who bought them. The extreme pitting and deep scratches I tried polishing out on a buffer just got me some pitted chrome and brass colored rollers with bright scratches as a result.

Michael

When I purchased Bill Leverett Lifeliner there was a supply of weather stripping in a box. Do you have an idea how much it takes to do all 5 Doors? I am not sure how much is in the box, but I don't want to miss out if I run out.

Thanks
Dave

W/S

David, absolutely do not let go of any of the weather stripping. Now that I had started running out, I have had the greatest demand for it. Ed Renstrom helped me develop the product and has also led in the most installations of the product. So as Ed specifies approximately 80 feet to do all 5 doors with an extra 10 feet as a built in whoops factor if you have to pull up the rubber and it gets tore up.

It will cost a lot more then the price if the rubber to rechrome all the rollers. As you have two pieces to each one. What anyone would want with 50 I don't know. As for how much you need I always bought 100 feet that way you were sure you had enough.

In regards to a 3rd extrusion

When we did the second extrusion it was accomplished with a pre-buy At this point in the clubs history I just don't think there would be enough interest. It is human nature for people to assume the materials are just going to be sitting somewhere on the shelf when you are ready for it. Just not real world thinking. The average age of members is escalating and it is practically cost prohibitive to restore a vehicle unless you know someone like Ed that does restoration for the pleasure of it rather than the money you can earn from restoring a coach. Ed told me what he figured his average rate of pay was from doing the work and literally he has been doing it just for fun.

With a minimum order of 2500 ft it's a big investment to go into. The fact that Mick has done this twice has helped out around 50 cars .

Prediction

I am going to be holding onto the last 100 feet for years. Like Ed stated, enough rubber was made to do 50 coach's, and I am certain the rubber sold will never all be installed to complete 50 vehicles.

I can't remember…

I can't remember…. If you are holding that hundred feet for me just let me know where to send the check. I can use the rubber. I can't remember if I Ever told you that I wanted to buy hundred feet. Getting old sucks.

Thank You, Brady!

Brady I am very proud to sell you my last 100 feet, as I have long admired the caliber of your restorations. I have 100 feet besides, being saved for a lady and her Citation after she gets her tax money, then that's it. Sending PM.

weatherstripping

Hi Mike,

I sent you a pm about the weather stripping and if it would suit my coach, a 74 Superior 3 way...here's hoping and thank you.

Dave

Pm sent

David sent you a pm and as i wrote you, i know at least two superiors have had this rubber installed. Hopefully i wish those that know best from experience, can weigh in on the question with their opinions.

Reminder

i can't remember…. If you are holding that hundred feet for me just let me know where to send the check. I can use the rubber. I can't remember if i ever told you that i wanted to buy hundred feet. Getting old sucks.
Yes Brady, you have contacted me twice so far, the second time most recently on 2/18 at which time I immediately sent you a pm with my address and I followed up with a phone call, after no reply 2 or three weeks waiting. Then years ago when I first offered the product you asked to make a purchase then as well. The young lady who was asking to buy for her citation restoration has fallen on hard times and she is paying off the body shop for the work done and selling her coach so she cancelled her order. Again 200 feet is still not sold at this time.

Last edited:
Back