Preparing for this year's car shows

Jim Staruk

Super Site Supporter
Super Site Supporter
I plan on having this made into a large poster to put near my ambulance at car shows. Can anyone think of something else I should add to their education? Jim

Attachments

• Ghostbuster vs ambulance.pdf
    325.6 KB · Views: 424
Well, since you asked for opinions (didn't you?), here's my thoughts.

If I were you, I wouldn't. It comes across a little antagonistic. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm irritated when people yell "Ghostbusters" at my ambulances as much as you are. But this seems a little "in your face" in terms of correcting them. The public may be put off.

Better way may be to make a poster telling the story of your ambulance - who made it, where it served, what's under the hood, what's inside, etc. That way, people who are interested will learn what the ambulance is - not what it isn't.

The people who yell "Ghostbusters" probably won't spend the time to read the sign anyway.

:myopinion:

Love the sign but I think it's a little agressive. There always be people who will compare a car based ambulance to the Ghostbusters car. Last time I heard something worst next to François's Lifeliner. I went to the same show with my NYPD car and walked thru the Lifeliner during the afternoon and I heard a guy saying that "the Ecto-1 conversion was poor and badly made, the equipment wrong and uncorrect paint". I just laughted and told the guy "that's because it's an ambulance, not a kinda Ecto conversion"

I don't remember where in this forum but there was some very funny answers to those Ghostbusters and weird questions. In the same category to people asking why having lights on top of a hearse there was an answer I loved: To go faster at the cemetary! One of my favorite was:

-Oh you seems to be an excellent car guy? (wait the answer) So how can you think this car is a 1959 Miller-Meteor Cadillac combination.

I noticed that the ambuance went to THOUSANDS of accidents but only saved HUNDREDS of lives. How about "saving many lives"

Jim

The first line could read:

The differences between this ambulance and the Ghostbuster ambulance are:

That would do it without the jab.

Darren

Thank you

Thanks for all of the replies and suggestions. All will be taken into consideration.

I apologize for sounding so bitter. I’m really not like this. I guess I’m more frustrated than bitter. I love my ambulance and I’m proud to show it off but I get very discouraged with all of the idiots who yell out “GHOSTBUSTERS”. My ’75 does not look like the movie car! The other day, I was in contact with a very knowledgeable medical rep because I am looking for a circa 1975 Bird Mark 7 respirator. He knew all about what would be appropriate for my 1975. When I sent him a photo of my ’75 Superior XL, he replied “Cool, Ghostbusters!” UGH!

I noticed that the ambuance went to THOUSANDS of accidents but only saved HUNDREDS of lives. How about "saving many lives"

When folks yell "Ghostbusters" during a parade we just use the line "Sorry, we don't bust ghosts, we make em" ... explains the discrepance between the hundreds and thousands, don't ya think

just remember..........

:Exclamation:I applaud someone who tries to educate the public......but just remember......

"You can't fix stupid."

Back