Update on 1970 Cotington 48

the rear ac unit went there. the blower switch would have been by the attendant seat. the rear heater would be in the tool bod and exit out to the foot well.. this was the same set up I had in my 72 high top.

Attachments

• IMG_1594.jpg
    IMG_1594.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 502
Nick, I've only come across two photos of a 70 with ditch lights. Must have been pretty rare. Here they are.

Attachments

• 1970-17.jpg
    1970-17.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 458
  • 1970-31.jpg
    1970-31.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 462
the rear ac unit went there. the blower switch would have been by the attendant seat. the rear heater would be in the tool bod and exit out to the foot well.. this was the same set up I had in my 72 high top.

Ed - I'm a bit confused. Isn't that what I said?

Nick, I've only come across two photos of a 70 with ditch lights. Must have been pretty rare. Here they are.

Neat photos! Besides your two, and the other two photos I posted - I also found this one from the Marcus Hook Fire Co. on This Old Ambulance. I think I like this one the most. Anyone know what it is?

I noticed that basically all the lights are different! Perhaps dealer or otherwise locally installed?

Attachments

• 1970 Marcus Hook Fire Co CB Oldsmobile Ambulance.jpg
    1970 Marcus Hook Fire Co CB Oldsmobile Ambulance.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 467
I doubt that they were locally "applied", because it would require that the headliner be removed to wire them to the cars electrical system. For this reason along, I believe that they would have had to have been ordered when the car was built.

All of the lighting pictured on the Marcus Hook rig was factory installed standard or optional equipment, available on any high headroom C/B Oldsmobile of that vintage.

Right side quarter panel. Guess I better hurry on re-chroming the box of trim I have...

Attachments

• IMG_4795.jpg
    IMG_4795.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 357
No update in over a year on the C.B. How's it coming Nick?

Thank you for asking Kurt. As some know, there were some "life changes" for me last year that interfered with a number of things. This vehicle is being restored at a shop not directly accessible to me, and I am happy with it proceeding at a pace set by them. The vehicle was far more work than anticipated, and is taken care of when there are no other jobs active. There were some delays since last discussion, as well as changes in staff there. However, a staggering degree of work was accomplished this last month and I actually planned on a post in the next few days anyhow. What a change from the absolute trainwreck it was when I got it. Never making that mistake again.

Guess I need to start worrying about where I'll be putting it! :)

Attachments

• image1 (1).jpg
    image1 (1).jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 407
  • image2 (1).jpg
    image2 (1).jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 403
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 402
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 400
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 418
Looking great Nick! As I have said before, that is one lucky rig to have ended up in your hands!

Starting to look a littler prettier! This is Porcelain White, a 1970 Oldsmobile color. GM Code 48/WA3465, PPG 8631, Dupont 5040D/5040L.

Does anyone have the measurements of how far from the large tunnels the front auxiliary lights should be?

Attachments

• IMG_8427.JPG
    IMG_8427.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_8429.JPG
    IMG_8429.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_8425.JPG
    IMG_8425.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 200
I am sure someone on the board can identify this car, and provide the measurement. Steve Loftin can you help?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-01-13 EMSClassics com - Image Details.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-01-13 EMSClassics com - Image Details.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 161
Back