What is this on the floor?

This will be a simple question I am sure, but I really dont know what this is. My guess was this was to secure a stretcher in place but I honestly have no idea. Some sort of latch or something?

Attachments

• coach-bracket.JPG
    coach-bracket.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 253
That is a Miller Meteor floor heat outlet or air intake, just don't remember exactly. Many people think that it is an ash tray. I have seen them in every ambulance and combination car that Miller Meteor built from the 1960's till the end of production.

Need a better picture, minus the hand and maybe a ruler for size reference.

Sorry about that, im at work and all I could do was capture a pic from a video I have.

That is a Miller Meteor floor heat outlet or air intake, just don't remember exactly. Many people think that it is an ash tray. I have seen them in every ambulance and combination car that Miller Meteor built from the 1960's till the end of production.

Oh boy, I can only imagine getting a car where someone thought it was an ash tray. Thats terrible, I cant imagine why the first thing on anyones mind is "oh yes, that definitely an ash tray". Thanks for the info, I had been wondering this for awhile but kept forgetting to ask.

My 70 MM caddy combo has this and for sure a heat vent that blows on the stretcher. While my car was in service I saw people use as ash tray and one day I looked under floor and saw all the butts in the blower motor.

That one has caught everyone of us. But yes heater duct. MM was one of the few that the heater came out at the foot will. So they could add this vent.

Interesting, so functionally how did it work? Looking at it, it obviously doesn't stay open on its own, so does a hose or something attach to it to run up to the patient or something?

Never seen one that didn't not stay open.the off set hinge allowed this to happen. It opens direct into the positive side of the heater housing so no duct work necessary. It's one of those things you have go play with to see how something so simple works so well. With the heater in the tool box instead of the wheel well you keep the attendants feet warm and the flap allowed warm air to flow over the exposed skin of the pt. Something you don't get to see or feel from the drivers seat.

One again, going from memory, they stay open and have a ball detent that holds it open. My car is in storage, but I may be able to have someone take a picture of it.

One again, going from memory, they stay open and have a ball detent that holds it open. My car is in storage, but I may be able to have someone take a picture of it.

Oh your fine, no need. I was just curious about it, I dont need to use it. And I certainly wont be shoving cigarettes in it, I dont smoke anyway. Although I should take a peek down and see if a previous owner did that.

I DO know my rear heater does work still though

I told my wife what you and Danny said about the cigarettes and all she had to say was "lovely"

Back