1974 Oldsmobubble CB Ambulance

And I quote: "Hey you Gost Buster's out there!. Here we have a beautiful example of a 1970's Ambulance! this is a Cotner Beavington Rescue 1. Ambulance everything works LIGHTS, SIREN.etc. Comes equipped with Stretcher! Runs Great only has 76K on the powerful 455 Oldsmobile. engine This unit has been fully restored was once owned by an "infamous motorcycle Club" in Montreal? Get it now before Halloween! and take it out and have fun. This car gets all the attention when out Cruisin' the Dub. or on the Highway. Call me now while it is still available. Reason for selling I have another one I am working on will be ready in the spring.. Call and give it your best shot who knows you might be the new owner of one of the rarest cars around.,"
$15500 with 76 klicks on the odometer. Listing was dated 10/16/16 so, I was surprised no one had listed it.

well Steve, I was flying out the door to a car show when I got a 'tip' there was a Oldsmobile Ambulance posted on Kijiji. Just thought I would pass it along to those PCS 'C-B' owners. Certainly not done to aggravate anyone. Hard to tell on a tiny cell phone what it is from just 2 pix, are those Superior Lights? Glad you have a nose for these things. Thanks for posting the link.

Guess The Proof Will Be In The Puddin' ??...or (Chassis) Plate

2. This car is an endloader that has been (a) sloppily cobbled up to look (sort of) like an ambulance and then (b) misrepresented by the seller. :thumbsdown:

I couldn't stand the suspense so, I wrote the seller and asked her to look for the build plate and she responded as:
I will look for it. This was in Fact originally a C/B combo unit from Quebec. The Funeral home that originally owned it, got more Ambulance Calls than Funerals so they had it converted to a full time Ambulance. It was then Sold to a member of the Hells Angles and he took all the lights off it and turned it back into a hearse! When I got it, I got all the Ambulance stuff from him and restored it to what it is today. Hope this info is helpful. I will look for the Number and get back to you.

It appears to have the correct CB lights in all 4 corners of the car, and a Federal WRL siren on the front section of the roof, and what appears to be a Sireno flat top glass lens beacon. It also have a spotlight mounted very high, as in the left upper corner of the windshield. There are 2 Unity red 6" lights mounted to the front bumper, just inboard of the headlamps. Some may call this "cobbled", but I see it as a Funeral Director outfitting his combination car to serve as a full time ambulance. One has to remember, that the way things were done in the US, wasn't the same way it was done in Canada.

Funny story,this chap was at the St Thomas fire muster several years ago,when approached by us regarding joining the PCS he took our info and said he had to go get his info,next thing we knew the rig was leaving the park not to be seen again.guess we turned him off.:confused:

That car was a hearse I saw it when it was in Quebec, sold in Ontario and yes, highly modified to look like an "call it emergency vehicle". And no, it was not owned by a motorcycle club just because the previous owner have a beard and his restoration shop is named "Bandit shop" hahaha.

The car was once owned by a famous entomologist who created the Montreal insectarium by the way.

Back in 1974 even if we were far north we were close to kick out funeral operated ambulance service at the end on 1975...

Here is the car as a hearse during almost 20 years of insectarium advertising.

Here is when the "motorcycling hells angels" ... actually a nice guy with a passion for hot rods... took the rotting garden deco to paint it with his own taste:

Then sold as is somewhere in Ontario and popped out as an "ex Quebec ambulance". To be honest, I collect Quebec ambulances pictures since 20 years and the only straight hearse used as an ambulance I saw was a 1959 Superior for a child hospital...

Grade School

Reminds me of the time in Grade School when the teacher started a 'story' at the front of the classroom and then had the LAST student 're-tell' the story. Amazing how it had changed/ morphed into an awful, convoluted tale. ;) It will be interesting to see what the owner passes back. I'll post it later today, if she does. I have most of the McPherson books but, does anyone here have the Cotner-B info for comparison to the chassis plate?

The plate will tell

The plate will tell it all they are a easy read. Love the nose on a 74 hat the rear end. My favorite damnation would be a 74 nose on a75 body.

It appears to have the correct CB lights in all 4 corners of the car, and a Federal WRL siren on the front section of the roof, and what appears to be a Sireno flat top glass lens beacon. It also have a spotlight mounted very high, as in the left upper corner of the windshield. There are 2 Unity red 6" lights mounted to the front bumper, just inboard of the headlamps.

The corner lights are double-ended Superior bullets, the siren is a WL, the beacon is either a Federal #175 or #176, and the bumper lights appear to be Federal FS3s (or similar):

https://www.collectorcarproductions.com/images/lots/MC15/C--MC15_r063_1.jpg

Back