In search of a 1977 Superior Sovereign Landaulet

Could possibly interested in a 78 or 79 as well. If anybody has any leads that would be awesome. Prefer a clean coach that needs little work but will consider others.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Could possibly interested in a 78 or 79 as well. If anybody has any leads that would be awesome. Prefer a clean coach that needs little work but will consider others.

Thanks,
Jeremy

If you find something this way (So Cal) , let me know I can put eyes on it for you.

Jeremy, I am a big fan of '77-79's also. I have a '79 Sedan DeVille, and these pictured, a '77 Victoria and a '77 M-M... love the styling and their handling.

Attachments

• 77 M M 12-17 5.jpg
    77 M M 12-17 5.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 547
  • 77 wheel cover 2.jpg
    77 wheel cover 2.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 504
Kent....... I believe that you need to add a 1978 Superior Cadillac ambulance to your collection.

Made a few inquiries and found these. Not exactly what you are looking for but if interested shoot me a PM and I will get you the contact info and you can talk with the owners on details , same person owns both.

78 or 79 S&S end loader with no partition ( factory) white green interior.

77 Superior 3-way burgundy mohair interior. That's all details I know.

Thanks for the listing Bill! I haven't seen another '77 with that interior before. That is the same upholstery that I have in my '75 S&S Victoria 3-way. The tan steering wheel would need to be replaced with a black wheel. The steering wheel really looks bad with the black column and black dash. That wheel must have been replaced at some time. Looks like the only visible rust issue is under the vinyl on the back door, which is very common.

I like the fact that it has a carpeted floor in the rear rather than the Formica.

Attachments

• '77.jpg
    '77.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 411
Tan wheel does not cut it. However its a leather wrapped wheel. Me thinks original plastic wheel sun and cold cracked and Salvage yard find was leather and tan a compromise. Very nice Coach too close to me happy to look at for anyone interested.

That green Maharaja(sp) interior is a '74 and '75 Cadillac interior option. I have never seen S&S use it on anything '77 or newer before. My '75 Victoria has a green carpeted 3-way table, which I love. This '77 really needs to have the lower repainted in a complimentary green.

I am told that the steering wheel is out of an early '80s Cadillac. Based on the color of the landau bars, I would assume that this coach was all black originally.

Attachments

• '77 1.jpg
    '77 1.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 645
Last edited:
Thanks for the listing Bill! I haven't seen another '77 with that interior before. That is the same upholstery that I have in my '75 S&S Victoria 3-way. The tan steering wheel would need to be replaced with a black wheel. The steering wheel really looks bad with the black column and black dash. That wheel must have been replaced at some time. Looks like the only visible rust issue is under the vinyl on the back door, which is very common.

How did I miss that steering wheel? I guess the rest of the car looks good, so maybe it is okay. I had a 76 S&S limo-style combination with the same green paisley interior, I thought it was a fabulous looking interior, it brought me back to the Seventies.

It wouldn't be impossible to find a decent, correct black steering wheel for it. That wheel has to go! It's such a nice coach and that wheel jumps out at you like a big zit!
It also needs the color-keyed wheel covers like Kent has on his Victoria.

I LOVE the color wheel covers on the late 70's cars... howevah, I have never seen a funeral home that ran a late 70's hearse that had those on it, always the little black center disc. So... I have the green wheel covers(and the gray for the 77 M-M) but I leave the black center disc covers on them, and haven't used the color wheel covers other than to get a quick photo of them... but day to day, the 77 S & S is dressed out this way:

Attachments

• '77 GT photography.jpg
    '77 GT photography.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 488
not to hijack the thread, but within the discussion:

Attachments

• 77 Sept 19  19.jpg
    77 Sept 19 19.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 394
  • 77 Sept 19 19 2.jpg
    77 Sept 19 19 2.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 394