Christmas came early in the Northland!

Tony Karsnia - Deceased - 1971-2020

September 12, 1971 - November 2, 2020
Just spoke with fellow Northland Chapter member, Scott Anderson, who has had his '71 M-M ambulance in the shop for awhile now. His mechanics have the car running and it sounds very good! It appears long-term hibernation did not seriously affect the mechanical condition, which is always a huge relief. Scott is looking forward to driving his rig home under its own power after the first of the year. :071:

I paid my mechanic a visit this week, too, who has been working on our '74 -M-M Eterna 3-way. Like Scott's car, this one sat for a long time (about 15 years) without being run. It was music to my ears when the key was turned and the car fired up, effortlessly, and ran like new! :071:

Both of these girls have received more attention and TLC over the last 6 weeks than they have in years, but it just goes to show, it's hard to keep a good 'ol Cadillac down (and in this case, they're both Miller-Meteors too!)

Of course, this really is more like buying Christmas gifts; the resulting joy is priceless, but then there's the matter of getting the bill afterward... :drama:

Congratulations to both you and Scott for getting a clean bill of health on your respective engines. Cadillac was right in professing they are "The Standard of the World".

The mechanical freshening of my Criterion is entering its final stages, and I hope to be driving it within the next month of so. As far as paying the piper for his music, well I feel your pain!

yes the joy of hearing it fire up is nothing but good news. I have taken the 53 down for parts only once. but it has not failed to start every time I have gone out to warm it up. as soon as a man starts driving them you'll find a little of this and that but for the most part it just a matter of fixing what was wrong with it before it got parked. some times finding that is the hard part. the worse thing that can happen is a new engine, like with Roberts car. if you have a fresh engine you need to drive it. to bring the car home than let is sit for a long time would be a invitation to disaster. get the fresh one back drive it daily for a bit before you park it. let it get broke in and the oil in the metal . then if it sits for years there will be no problems with getting it running again.

Back