ID help

James Fischer

PCS Member
Could someone please further identify the Superior Coach item as well as the S&S item and an approximate value of same ?
Thank you in advance..:)

043.jpg

045.jpg

The S&S is a gas cap door cover used 1961-1966, 1967 went to a square gas door. The Superior pieces were Crown only if I remember correctly...late 60's, early to mid 70's interior adornments. My memory is rusty. I need WD40 :yum:

Last edited:
the gas flapper medallion was a mystery. I was guessing off the rear pillar but could not recall one there. I show vague pictures from 61 to 65.

but I'm pretty sure the crowns are interior and most likely were in the center of the doors. but year I can't tell the one thing I'm lacking is interior shots. they were big on putting the crown in the center of the bars also but those just don't look right for that.

I love the emblems collection them is more fun the cars and they take up so much less room. as for value it teh nursing home thing again it just depends!! do you need one?

here is as good a side shot of the S&S as I could snag

Attachments

• 1963 S&S 2.jpg
    1963 S&S 2.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Emblems

but I'm pretty sure the crowns are interior and most likely were in the center of the doors. but year I can't tell the one thing I'm lacking is interior shots. they were big on putting the crown in the center of the bars also but those just don't look right for that.

The Crown emblems where used on the back of the seats and door panels .

Attachments

• 9f9b_3.jpg
    9f9b_3.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 99
  • a3b9_3.jpg
    a3b9_3.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC02744.jpg
    DSC02744.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 98
  • 9bca_3.jpg
    9bca_3.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 97
plaques

I have similar, though less ornate plaques on the back of my seats, with an empty space on the rear door of my coach. I had not thought I had a crown model or anything special.

I am also wondering if anyone can tell me where to get the simili-wood grain long appliques that are on the doors and along the sides of the casket compartment too. Do they exist anywhere or does one have to peel them off carefully and then put a doublesided somekind of tape or something to re attach them to the fabric in the appropriate areas?

Additionally, I am wondering if anyone can tell me where to get the sail panels with the fleur-de-lys in them for the sides of the car. mine are pretty well shot and the mac-tac kind of finish badly bubbled and not very attractive any more.

pictures attached I hope.

Thanks

Dave

Attachments

• 1331 2.jpg
    1331 2.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 1335 2.jpg
    1335 2.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 1337 2.jpg
    1337 2.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 1338 2.jpg
    1338 2.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 71
Emblems

I have similar, though less ornate plaques on the back of my seats, with an empty space on the rear door of my coach. I had not thought I had a crown model or anything special.

When Superior Coach was sold to I be live Sheller Globe Corp? The S/C inside the Crown Emblem was dropped.

Back