Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/index.php)
-   2015 PCS International Meet (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Houston 2015 (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17697)

Chuck Kramer 06-15-2015 08:23 AM

Houston 2015

There sure wasn't much posted here about the Meet! Not much said nor hardly any photos? How many and what pro cars were on the Show Field this year?

Where was all the coverage this year? Maybe on Facebook? But this is the " Official Website of The Professional Car Society".

Keith Snyder 06-15-2015 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck Kramer (Post 841899889)
There sure wasn't much posted here about the Meet! Not much said nor hardly any photos? How many and what pro cars were on the Show Field this year?

According to what I'm given to understand, there were 13 cars and four fire engines! There were a couple of interesting cars - a 1936 Siebert-Ford and a 1957 National-Chevrolet. I also understand that it rained on show day and that the museum didn't bring out any of its vehicles - even the ones it had stowed away. I guess with this rather disappointing vehicular turn out, there wasn't much to photograph or report.

Keith Snyder 06-15-2015 11:37 AM

Oh, and I almost forgot, Mark Wilson had his immaculate, white 1948 Henney-Packard ambulance (the same car that was recently featured in TPC) there as well.

Noah Dorsey 06-15-2015 12:15 PM

It actually turned out to be a fantastic show! Stayed warm even when the rain occasionally got us wet- and these were perfect opportunities to go inside to admire the museum's cars. With those included I think there were over 50 cars to see. I took video of all of them, so I'll try to get that uploaded to youtube in the next couple days- I think everyone is just getting back home now and settling back in. So there should be more reports soon.

Noah Dorsey 06-15-2015 04:18 PM

Here ya go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZFB...ature=youtu.be

Someone can count the cars if they like...

I apologize for the crumby camera, low res, bad lighting etc. But this will you give you an idea of the quality of the cars we saw Saturday. Unbelievable experience, just wish I could have taken the cars in one per day.

Thank you Bob and Bill and everyone in the PCS family for an awesome week!

Gus Boucher 06-15-2015 04:34 PM

Noah,
Thank You so much for the great video. Some very fine Pro Cars there! Good Job!!!

Wayne Krakowski 06-15-2015 04:34 PM

Thank you Noah

For those of us unable to attend,your video shows us what we missed,it is truly appreciated.:applause:

Bill Marcy 06-15-2015 07:45 PM

Thanks for posting the video Noah, it was very enjoyable. Although there were not as many professional cars as we are accustomed to seeing, there seems to be a good selection and some gorgeous cars there. I am glad the Meet was successful. From where I sit, it looks like it was a fabulous event, I wish we had been able to attend.

Robert L. Koryciak 06-15-2015 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noah Dorsey (Post 841899892)
It actually turned out to be a fantastic show! Stayed warm even when the rain occasionally got us wet- and these were perfect opportunities to go inside to admire the museum's cars. With those included I think there were over 50 cars to see. I took video of all of them, so I'll try to get that uploaded to YouTube in the next couple days- I think everyone is just getting back home now and settling back in. So there should be more reports soon.

Noah,

Thank you for your video and nice comments! I was so glad you were able to take time out to visit us in Houston! PCS Members traveled from as far away as Oregon, South Dakota, Florida, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Ohio, New Jersey and New York! We also connected with several Texas PCS members that are excited about promoting PCS even though we do not have any actively operating Texas Chapters!

We had a wonderful week with fantastic weather (No Impact from FLOODS! - despite media misinformation), with only a short shower on Show Day! "Frazer-Bilt Provided" our Welcome Reception and a fantastic Plant tour! The 1940's Air Terminal gave us access to the airfield at Hobby Airport (Look for fantastic images coming up with Period Cars (40/50/60's) in front of the terminal with a 1942 Lockheed Loadstar!)

We explored a fire truck warehouse with priceless emergency equipment. Thursday involved a road trip to Huntsville Texas to explore a Texas and American Hero, Sam Houston.
Friday allowed us to go back in time to the 1820's when this land was Mexico, and eat a unbelievable "Cowboy lunch" from a "Chuck-Wagon" on the prairie. We explored the "George Ranch," a fifth generation, 23,000 acre working ranch with five original homesteads. We also visited the place where Texas won it's independence, and visited a 101 year old Battleship! We were exhausted after our trips, but very happy! Our Awards Gala, had over 90 PCS Members in attendance!

The National Museum of Funeral History delivered a truly awesome display of vintage funeral equipment! Two fire trucks on show day were actually funeral vehicles - The Houston Fire Dept Honor Guard Engine and a 1978 FDNY Pumper that actually responded to the World Trade Center, and was later used for the funerals of twenty eight FDNY Hero's!

THE MOST IMPORTANT ACCOMPLISHMENT WAS NOT THE NUMBER OF CARS, IT WAS OUR NEW ALLIANCE WITH THE NATIONAL MUSEUM OF FUNERAL HISTORY! ACCORDING TO GENEVIEVE KEENEY, THE N.M.F.H. PRESIDENT, A NEW PERMANENT EXHIBIT IS PLANNED TO SPOTLIGHT THE PROFESSIONAL CAR SOCIETY, AND PCS's EFFORTS TO RESCUE AND PRESERVE PROFESSIONAL CARS!

Wait till everyone gets home and posts their stories and photos!

We had a wonderful time in Houston!

William Koryciak 06-16-2015 12:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Marcy (Post 841899904)
Thanks for posting the video Noah, it was very enjoyable. Although there were not as many professional cars as we are accustomed to seeing, there seems to be a good selection and some gorgeous cars there. I am glad the Meet was successful. From where I sit, it looks like it was a fabulous event, I wish we had been able to attend.

Thank you Bill for your comments. I had another reason to come to Houston. It was the first time that my parents - Robert & Anne Koryciak, my Twin Brother Bob, my Sister Bonnie and I have been in the same venue at the same time in 22 years because we live in three different states! The attached photo is all of us at the George Ranch. My Sister was also very helpful as crunch time neared!

I have to go now, I am still in Metro Houston and we have a large, wet & windy tropical storm making landfall from the Gulf of Mexico. Ironically, the National Weather Service has named it "BILL!" I guess that "Bag of Wind" might be appropriate for some of the posts on this site this week.